This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

T-minus a little over a month until graduation robes make their debut for seniors around the country planning to graduate this coming May. Each college or university has their own way of doing things regarding the comencement ceremony but there will always be a simple formula to a graduation celebration. Whether it is just your proud parents or extended family (second cousins included) coming to cheer you across the stage, they are expecting you to celebrate you saying look, you finally did it! Those weeks with sleepless nights and endless coffee runs were worth it. Now let’s gradaute.

There are plenty of stages in the ‘perfect graduation plan’ that I think Ms. Elle Woods would approve of (even if you are not graduating from law school). If you are too buried deep in final semester projects to even think about graduation, here are a few steps to get you through it.

Pre-graduation prep:

Find a Dress

You have to be the best dressed out of the hundreds or thousands of people you are walking with. Knowing you are wearing a beautiful dress under a robe that blends in with the crowd is mysterious and exciting.

Find Shoes

Buying a new dress obviously means you need new shoes for the occasion (girl logic). They are justifiable because these will actually be seen during all of the ceremony.

Find the perfect hairstyle

Straight or curly? This may be hard to choose prior but it makes all the difference.

Order Chords/Stoles

Show off that hard work you you accomplished by being inducted to an honor society or two. Order those chords to show off you actually did something in college other than eat, sleep, party and study.

Order a Cap and Gown

Duh.

Design Cap

Designing your cap adds a personal touch and gives you the opportunity to have some fun with customization. Plus, it makes it easier for grandma to spot you in a crowd of thousands of students.

Determine a Graduation Party

The dreaded question, will I be having a graduation party? The answer should be yes! Why not celebrate your four whole years of accomplishments with your closest family and friends? If you do not want to have one alone ask your roommate to have one with you! It will make it easier to invite everyone over to your apartment.

Determine Caterer

I mean, food is the most important. Order from your favorite restaurant, possibly one that you will never get to eat at again because home does not have this chain of restaurants.

Utilize Pinterest  

Pinterest is going to be your best friend when it comes to finding cute graduation décor. Use it.

Buy Graduation knick-knacks

Go all out buying things that say “Class of 2017.” This is your class, your year, own it.

Charge the Camera

This is your last day as a college student so clear out those memory cards because you will be getting a picture with everyone you went to college with.

Order plenty of refreshments

Do not forget to order the booze. If you are ballin’ on a budget order some Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Champagne. I promise it will not disappoint.

Day of Graduation:

Breathe.

Cry.

Celebrate.

These last four years gave you something to remember forever. How lucky are you to have made such great memories and friendships that make saying goodbye to college so hard. Maybe becoming an adult will not hold off but you can try!