People’s City Mission: Making a Difference in Lincoln

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Hundreds of people in our community have nowhere to sleep at night and no place to call home. Luckily, they do have somewhere to turn with People’s City Mission.

As Lincoln’s primary homeless shelter, People’s City Mission provides a shelter for those individuals in our community with no where else to turn. They offer short-term and long-term stays, as well as programs for children staying at the shelter.

Along with providing a shelter, People’s City Mission also provides medical care to uninsured individuals at their free medical clinic. The clinic is run by trained professionals who volunteer their time and services.

Because of the constant work they are doing, People’s City Mission always has a need for donations of supplies and volunteers to help out at the shelter or medical clinic.

Want to get involved or donate some items? Check out their volunteer application, and this list of items that they are in need of!

Liz is a current student at UNL, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Education.