The New “Goes-with-Everything” Item

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

It’s no secret that college students often sacrifice style for comfort. Late nights, early mornings and walking from one side of campus to the other hasn’t always allowed for that, until now.

As street style adapts to a practical lifestyle and the expectations of women’s dress standards get blurrier every day, athleisure makes more of its impact on fashion. This trend is giving us our new favorite goes-with-everything item: sneakers.

Senior and fashion design major, Betsy Elwood, is no stranger to the new trend dressing it up with a black pencil skirt. The pencil skirt is normally seen as something you might dress up or wear in a professional setting, but paired with a pair of Adidas Originals it’s a refreshing take to a classic look.

So next time you’re on campus, there is no excuse for sacarcing style for comfort, just break out your favorite pair of sneakers.  

Bailey M. Ernst, Nebraska native, student at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln, but always itching for adventure. I am always clicking a camera and I always have a Vogue in my purse. I believe in the good in the world and hope to bring that through in my art.