Meet the Staff: Ally Rance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Meet our newest member of the HC UNL team, Ally Rance. She’s our new social media chair with a boss babe attitude and an open mind. 

Hometown?

I originally went to Bellevue, but I moved to Papillion after high school graduation.

Major/Year?

I am a junior marketing major.

Dream career?

I actually don’t have a dream career. I’m pretty much open to any experience.

What’s one thing you love about yourself?

I like how people think I’m intimidating – maybe it’s my RBF, but nobody ever gives me crap! 

Something you’ll never get sick of?

Korean food. I’m obsessed with it. 

How did you become interested in Korean food?

My grandma is Korean, and whenever I visit her in Texas that is all she feeds me. I will gain 10 pounds in one week just by eating her food.

Favorite place in Lincoln?

A Novel Idea bookstore. If you ever go, get a blind date book. It’s always fun to guess/figure out what you’re reading as you go along. 

What’s something most people don’t know about you?

I’m really good at making friendship bracelets.

Do you like to travel? If so, what’s your dream destination?

Yes! My favorite place abroad so far has been Italy, and my favorite place in the United States is Arkansas. My fiance and I have a goal to visit all 50 states together. We also want to travel abroad to Japan, London, and South Korea.

So, you’re engaged? What’s that like?

I honestly forget I’m engaged half the time until I look down and see my ring! I’m engaged to my high school sweetheart. 

How do you like your coffee?

Don’t ask me that! I don’t have a favorite. I just love coffee. Hot, iced, without milk, with milk, etc. I’ve been drinking coffee since I was like, 12. I can drink coffee black or loaded with sugar. 

What’s one thing you’re looking forward to after graduation?

Being able to plan my wedding. I’m waiting until after I graduate to start planning so I don’t stress myself out. 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter. 
Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter