Lorde Rocks Stir Cove Stage

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

“Baby be the class clown; I’ll be the beauty queen in tears. It’s a new art form showing people how little we care,” crooned Lorde through the microphone. I’m an avid concertgoer and on Sept. 27, I saw Lorde perform live at Stir Cove in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Not only was it my first time seeing her perform, but it was also the one year anniversary of her album Pure Heroine.

Majical Cloudz, an electronic/indie pop duo from Canada opened up for her with their songs including “Silver Rings”, “Turns Turns Turns”, “Your Eyes”, and “This is Magic”. After performing for half an hour, Lorde came on stage. It was the time everyone was waiting for.

She performed “Team”, “Tennis Court”, “Buzzcut Season”, “White Teeth Teens”, “Biting Down”, ‘Royals”, and many more songs. She even performed a cover of Bon Iver’s “Heavenly Father”.

I had a great time at the concert because Lorde sounded amazing live. It felt like I was listening to her through my headphones as I usually do. It was my first outdoor concert and I loved it. The venue was great and people were not as obnoxious as they have been at other concerts I have been to. There was limited pushing which was nice. The only downside was that I couldn’t see well because I’m short and the people in front of me were tall. But I expected that.

All in all, I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to see Lorde perform right before my eyes.

Here is a YouTube clip of her performing “Tennis Court” in Council Bluffs.

I am a sophomore journalism major and Spanish minor.