Last-Minute (and cheap) Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Classic Black Cat – this may be one of the easiest costumes to pull off in a pinch. All you need is ears and a pin on tail that you can find in the dollar section of any Target. Throw on a black skirt, tights, and a sweater, and you’re set!

Tacky Tourist –  a more original costume idea if you want to stand apart. To get this look, I raided my dad’s old “vacation shirts”, grabbed my bucket hat, and stuck a road map in my back pocket. If you are feeling like you want to take it that extra step, I duct-taped a disposable camera to a yardstick to use as a “selfie stick.”

80’s Dancing Queen/Robin Sparkles – I took a trip into my mom’s closet for this ensemble! Chances are, your mom is hiding some over-sized gold in her closet in the form of wonderful 80’s sweatshirts and leg warmers. This costume cost me $0!!

Your Favorite Book/Movie Character – This is one that you can get so creative with! It’s so fun to plan an outfit similar to what your favorite character wears because you know so much about them that you even know their wardrobe choices! I chose to dress up as Hermione and the only thing that I really had to buy was a gold and maroon tie on Amazon for $5.

Halloween can be such a fun time, so don’t let finding a costume be stressful or wallet-breaking! Enjoy my suggestions, make your personal variations, and have a spooky great night!