Holiday Outfit Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

As a little girl, I always looked forward to Christmas because I always got a brand new outfit that I could wear to church and my mom would always fix my hair. I remember one year I got a dress that had a maroon velvet bodice with a full skirt with roses embroidered on it. I would twirl round in round in it at my grandparents’ house until I would get so dizzy from spinning around that I would fall down. I would laugh and then I would do the same thing all over again simply because I had to see the skirt flare out.

Although, I no longer spin around in my dresses, this time of year I always promise myself that no matter what, I will save up to buy myself a Christmas dress. This year I will be sporting a black long sleeve A-line dress with polka dots, tights and classic pointed pumps. I couldn’t tell you how excited I will be when I get pull that dress on. When I walk through the door at my Aunt’s house this year, I will feel like I stepped right out of a magazine photo shoot. Something about it putting on a new pretty garment and fixing my hair and makeup makes me feel special. I will always look forward to it every year.

What would be the most memorable outfit that you got to wear or will get to wear during the holiday season?

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.