High School Senior Accepted to All Eight Ivy League Schools

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

When it comes to colleges, most people apply to three or four schools. These schools include a safe school, a dream school, and one or two schools the person actually wants to go to. But recently, a high school senior applied to all eight Ivy League schools, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, Princeton and Cornell, and was accepted into all of them.

Kwasi Enin, 17, from New York is 11th in his class and scored 2250 out of 2400 on his SAT, resulting in his placement in the 98th percentile. His principal Barbara Butler called him a model academic student. She also said, “”Usually kids are good athletes or good musicians or good actors, but they don’t have all three and then on top add student government. It’s a balancing act. He somehow finds time to do it all and then volunteer at a local hospital.”

Most students don’t apply to all of the Ivy League schools and it’s rare for someone to be accepted into all of them. All of the schools have low and very selective acceptance rates, including Harvard who only accepts 5.9% of the students that apply.

Enin is leaning towards Yale and plans to pursue biomedical engineering and music. His advice to future college applicants is, “Follow your passions in high school and not just follow suit for what you think can get you into these schools,” he said. “Develop your outside interests — not just academics.”

Photo: 1