The Gift that Must be Gifted: Super Knits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving has rightfully filled our stomachs and reminded us how thankful we are for the family in our lives, it is time to contemplate what presents we will be gifting our loved ones for the holidays. It is possible that you know exactly what your family and friends want and you may have had the opportunity to already purchase some items (proud of you). It is also possible that you have no idea how to make a gift list let alone what presents to write on it. So, if your gift list is lacking the check marks it needs, I have an answer that can solve your problems.

We all know that winter can be a cruel time with vicious low temperatures and dry skin. Finding ways to make this season’s bitterness sweet is having the perfect blanket or scarf to keep you or your loved ones warm. The saying “bigger is better” comes into mind when thinking about gifting a super knit.

These oversized, super, knitted chunky items have been making their appearances known via social media and people are craving what it would feel like to be wrapped in one. Due to the DIY popularity of our times making gifts seems to be an acceptable way to show love. If you do not own a giant pair of wooden knitting needles and have no idea where to buy giant knitting yarn, then look towards Etsy to help you out. There are plenty of small storeowners selling giant blankets, scarves, pillows, hats and woven wall coverings.

A current trend on the rise is mixed yarn, woven wall coverings. Decorating homes and apartments can be especially fun when you have interesting pieces to mix and match. This is a highly recommended gift due to its uniqueness and ability to customize. Multiple small coverings or a one giant one to fill a wall is all you need. 

The massive blankets make a great shield against the cold but they also make a great decoration as a throw for the end of a bed. They help give depth and volume to the multiple pillows and blankets already arranged in a Pinterest inspired manner. Remember, this blanket is not like any other blanket you have ever seen.

The scarves add a unique aspect to any fashion forward outfit. They are showstoppers due to the wonderful fluffy creature that is taking over half of your body. The volume of the scarf allows you to stay at a comfortable temperature while also adding a much-needed oversized element. Multiple people will be jealous of the warmth and happiness they know you are feeling. 

These gifts are an easy buy if you are looking for a thoughtful and trendy gift for your mom, spouse, grandmother, sister, niece, girlfriend or anyone in your extended family. I can almost guarantee that they will thank you for these giant, knitted, bundles of lovely yarn.