mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Finals Playlist to Help You Make It To Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Summer is so, so close. I can see the sun peeking around every corner and can smell the tanning lotion in the air. I can also sense the burden of finals pressing on my shoulders. The easiest way to lift that burden and get some extra motivation? A playlist with your future summer jams. Listen up, ladies.

1. Say It – Flume feat. Tove Lo

I have been OBSESSED with this song ever since a week ago when it came out. Flume + Tove Lo embody “summer” in the best way.

2. Tennesee – Kiiara

Remeber that super catchy song called ‘Gold’..? Well Kiiara is back with her new EP, low kii savage, and this was one of my favorites off of it. I can already picture jamming to this on a warm, late night drive with the windows down and sunroof open. 

3. You Don’t Own Me – Grace feat. G-Eazy

This song has girl power written all over it – perfect for those GNO’s. And a great shower jam. Check out her song “Dirty Harry” too.

4. i hate u, i love u – gnash feat. olivia o’brien

Whether or not you’re in some sort of dramatic relationship, this is the kind of song you listen to on a stormy night or when you’re pretending to be in a music video as your mom drives to the grocery store while its raining out. Or as you cry about the final you have to take in 3 hours. Or all the time…your choice. 

5. Someone That Loves You – HONNE & Izzy Bizu

I heard HONNE not too long ago and instantly became a fan. You’re gonna be singing this all day. That’s a promise.

6. Lean On Me – B.o.B. feat. Victoria Monet

After originally hearing this at a Nebraska baseball game (bless you, baseball player who had this as their walk-up song) the one line that I remembered was stuck in my head for the next 5 hours. After a bit of googling, I finally found it and have been listening non-stop since. Bonus – my boyfriend likes it too, so we don’t even have to fight over the aux cord. It’s your new go-to jam. 

Does it sound like summer yet? I think so. Have an adventurous, safe, and hopefully relaxing summer, UNL. And we will see you back next semester. 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.