Dead Week Survival Tips: What to Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Before coming to college, I thought dead week was a week where the campus acted “dead” – no classes, abandoned parking lots, etc. When reality slapped me in the face, however, I learned that it was in fact, a very alive and very stressful week. Seriously though, we need study breaks. And there’s no better way to study break than with a bowl of popcorn, peanut butter M&M’s, and some Netflix. Even though Netflix has hundreds, if not thousands, of things to choose from, it can always be hard to pick something out, and you end up spending more time trying to find something to watch than actually watching it. I’ve rounded up the best things on Netflix right now to help you get through dead week!

1. Justin Timberlake + the Tennessee Kids

Not sure how I ever ended up watching this considering it’s a concert documentary, but it’s so, so good. Guarantee you’ll be singing and dancing in the shower the next day. Plus, Justin is the ultimate cutie!

2. Trouble with the Curve

Yes, Justin Timberlake is in this. I promise I’m not obsessed. Amy Adams also stars, and she does the perfect job of playing a strong, independent woman.This is a great flick, especially if you want something to cheer you up because it’s got a perfectly cheesy ending. 

3. Magic Mike

I feel no shame putting this on the list. Eye-candy is a definite stress reliever (ahem, Channing Tatum…)

4. Mulholland Drive

This older movie is great if you’re looking for something mysteriously weird at times. David Lynch, the director, is notorious for his odd ways and you’ll be left without answers. Watch this if you want to get your mind off of schoolwork

5. Girlboss

I haven’t watched the entire season yet, but so far, so good. Sophia is hilarious, angry, and best of all – real. Maybe we aren’t so different from the true #Girlboss after all. 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter. 
Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter