David Stephens ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: David Stephens

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Lincoln, NE

Major: Computer science and math

Campus involvement:  TA in the Raikes School of Computer Science and Management, President of Raikes Student Advisory Board,  Spectrum

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words.

David: Curious, creative, thinker 

HC: Tell me a little-known fact about you.

David: I was the 2002 Nebraska State Handwriting champion

HC: Favorite place to go downtown?

David: Starbucks

HC: All-time favorite movie?

David: It’s not really the best movie ever, but I think the movie Airplane is funny. It’s a slapstick comedy from the 80s, it’s just ridiculous. Every time I see it I just crack up. More serious movies I like are Silence of the Lambs and the James Bond movies. 

HC: Who is your favorite musician?

David: I’m so bad at picking one of anything, but I really like Adele, Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga, Fleet foxes and Coldplay. Probably my favorite, though, is Maria Schneider. She’s a jazz composer. Her music is really created and complicated.

HC: Describe your ideal date.

David: Go out to dinner somewhere really fun and kind of different, somewhere I’ve never been before. I really like trying crazy food and stuff. Then, maybe go see a movie or go to a concert.

HC: Describe your personal style.

David: Improving [laughs] but really…I don’t know. I just want to look nice and clean. I wear a lot of blue. 

HC: What’s your favorite part about going to UNL?

David:  Since I’m from Lincoln, it’s been this awesome opportunity to be home and away at the same time. I’ve met a ton of awesome people in the Raikes school and through friends.

HC: Any exciting plans for Christmas break?

David: I’m just looking forward to just slowing down for a few weeks and catching my breath because it’s been crazy semester. Also, my dad’s family is renting out a lodge at Mahoney and my grandpa rented out an entire skating rink, so I’m really excited for that. Also, I’m going to try to watch all of Arrested Development because everyone tells me it’s the best show ever.