This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

I got the opportunity to catch Anna Torres, Junior Elementary Education major, long enough for her to tell me a little bit about what she stands for and possibly a few romantic tidbits about what she hopes her dream proposal to be and where she sees her life going.

She looks for inspiration from a tattoo that she got on her foot that reads, “Live the life you have always imagined.” She said, “One of the first things you do when you fail at something is put your head down in shame. When I look down at my foot, I must lift my head back up because my tattoo reminds me to live the life that I have always wanted to live. It’s a positive, subtle reminder.” 

With her being single, I had to ask where she hopes to see her romantic life heading. She said, “Someday when I meet the man of my dreams; he will be nice, caring, smell good and he will care about his appearance.” Laughing she continues by saying, “Bruno Mars will be my husband of course.” Someday she sees her proposal being a huge event with rose petals, candles, etc. She says, “Asking my family for permission first is a must and he needs to put a lot of thought into it. I want it to be really special.” 

Beyond possible proposals, in five years she hopes to have her own house, teach kindergartners, and to be financially comfortable. Anna has been quoted for saying that she enjoys working with kids and feels great at it. When referring to the future she says, “Being happy whereever I am at is key. That’s really the most that I could ask for.” 

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.