This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Handmade Christmas gifts provide a personal and beautiful gesture that friends and family would love to receive. Cozy crochet gifts are perfect for Christmas, especially with the winter weather. Here are some ideas for your homemade crochet Christmas.  

Ear Warmers

This gift is super practical for Christmas. The weather outside is frightful, so anyone would be delighted to receive this useful and cute gift. Plus it can be made in half a day. I’ve made several in a weekend using the waistcoat stitch for quick handmade gifts.

Beanies

Like ear warmers, beanies are a super useful and fashionable gift for both men and women. There are so many patterns available for free that you can easily find a design that matches your tastes and skill level. It’ll take longer than an ear warmer, but it can still be done in a day. 

Slippers

Slippers or socks are another great winter gift for anyone on your list. It’s another quick project that you know will get used. You can use various stitches and embellishments to make them as personalized or as fashionable as you want. 

Scarves

Scarves are a classic crochet gift. It will likely take a couple of skeins, but it makes a great gift for all. You can even make a scarf to match your beanie or ear warmer. There are so many beautiful crochet scarf patterns. 

Pillows

Crochet pillows are a really great gift for the home. They can be made to match colors and themes in the house. I made a pillow based on our family trip to Yellowstone for my parents, and it was so special because it was handmade and reminded us of our family trip. 

It’s not too late to make some of these crochet items for the people you care about!

Halie is a junior double majoring in Political Science and Economics. She likes to spend her time watching Netflix documentaries, following politics, and hanging out with her cat Luna. This is her third year writing for UNL Her Campus and her second year as the Campus Correspondent for the chapter.