Chipotle or Qdoba: The Ultimate Question

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

If you live in Lincoln, particularly on campus which is close to downtown, you may have had to choose between Chipotle and Qdoba at some point. They are both at great locations in downtown Lincoln, they are similar in price and their food is similar as well, so which is better?

Let’s start with some facts. Guac and queso are complimentary at Qdoba, but Chipotle unfortunately can’t say the same. Qdoba includes more variety in their salsa and sauce options, but some may argue Chipotle simply tastes better.

Now let’s look at the prices. I went on both restaurants’ websites and built a burrito with the same ingredients: chicken, rice, black beans, queso, guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce. I added chips and a drink to the orders as well. Chipotle’s meal ended up costing $13.45 and Qdoba’s was $11.70 (both without tax). So there’s only a $1.75 difference between the two for the same amount of food.

Truthfully, the answer to this question comes down to taste, and whether or not you care when you hear “guac is extra.” I’ve always been a Chipotle girl through and through, but that $1.75 might make me walk a couple blocks over to Qdoba instead.

Liz is a current student at UNL, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Education.