Campus Cutie: Eric Macke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Global Studies

UNL Involvement: I am heavily involved in the Club Soccer team here at UNL, UNL Globetrotters, as well as Intramural sports.

Relationship status: Single 

Why You Chose Your Major: Ever since I was a child I was more interested in global things. International happenings and history were always something that sparked my intrigue and I’m always looking for opportunities to better develop my understanding of our world.

Favorite Thing About Your Major? My favorite thing about my major is being around like-minded people I can identify with. It is always nice to be surrounded by people with common interests in issues important to you. Also this major has allowed me to take classes that have given me more insight into how our world works as whole rather than just as an individual nation. 

Where Has GS Taken You?

My greatest experience that was heavily influenced from my major was my study abroad trip to Costa Rica. I spent 5 weeks last summer in the capitol of San Jose taking classes. The trip really taught me a lot about myself and reassured me that I was definitely in the right major focusing on global issues.

Where do you want GS To Take You? As far as short-term career goals I would like to get involved in refugee replacement. Many people that I know have been through the process and it is something I believe I could develop a real passion for. I know that I need to be in a line of work I genuinely care about or else it will not be worth it. 

What Is One Goal You Have For the Semester? A goal I have for this semester is to continue to meet new people. I truly want to continue to add to my circle of people developing more interactions. With so many people at this university I feel it would be a waste to not try and get know as many of them as possible.

Self-proclaimed feminist killjoy and young politico.