Style

3 Ways to Dress for Husker Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

It’s getting chillier, but we still have to rep our Husker gear on game days. Whether you’re cheering from the student section, supporting from your living room, or celebrating downtown, you want to look the part. Husker fans are known far and wide for their commitment to Husker football. Here’s how the “Greatest Fans in College Football” can support the ‘Skers, dress for the weather, and cheer with style this fall: 

Flannel Shirts

Never underestimate what a flannel can do for an outfit. The perfect fall time piece can be paired with numerous outfits to create comfy and cute styles for game days. Pair with jeans, leggings, or skirts for the perfect Husker outfit.

Hair Accessories 

Accessories can play a big role in your game day style. They tie it together. Fall provides plenty of in-season options for hair accessories. Beanies, caps, bandanas, and bows can be worn to show your support for the scarlet and cream. 

Denim

Denim is definitely in style and in season right now. It can be used to create a stylish vintage or grunge look for game day fashion. Distressed denim is a great option for keeping your outfit interesting. Jackets, jeans, and skirts are great options for adding denim to football Saturdays. 

There are so many ways to dress in style for Husker games. Just because it’s getting colder, doesn’t mean you have to settle for the same sweatshirt every Saturday. You can use great pieces you already own to support the Huskers in style.

Halie is a junior double majoring in Political Science and Economics. She likes to spend her time watching Netflix documentaries, following politics, and hanging out with her cat Luna. This is her third year writing for UNL Her Campus and her second year as the Campus Correspondent for the chapter.