etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Unique Date Spots for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and that means many couples (usually boyfriends) are stressing about what to do on that sometimes-dreaded day. The typical thing to do is to go out to dinner then perhaps a movie, this always makes a great date but maybe this year is the year to try something different. Listed below I have selected three local locations that either have something fun going on for Valentine’s Day or are just a unique spot for date night, either way I hope I can alleviate some of that Valentine’s day stress, whether you’re single or taken these spots will be fun for all.

1. Valentine’s Day at the Ice Rink

The Railyard Ice Rink will be celebrating Valentine’s Day with the showing of Father of the Bride I & II on the big screen cube. The rink itself opens at 5pm but the movies don’t start rolling until 6pm. The rink is open until 10pm and will be running a buy one, get one half off skates special for pairs of two that show up together. So grab your significant other or your best friend and #skatetheyard this Valentine’s Day.

Location: 350 Canopy Street Lincoln, NE 68508

2. Paint Yourself Silly

Unleash your inner artist while making something special at Paint Yourself Silly. This place, located right by Ivanna Cone in the Haymarket is a great option for those who love to create. Skip the dinner reservation and paint an awesome piece of pottery for either yourself or your significant other this Valentine’s Day. This is a great option because it knocks out the gift and the date spot at the same time! The price for those 10 and older is $6 an hour, while the pieces that can be painted typically run from $6- $20.  On Valentine’s Day it will be open from 12-9pm.

Location: 701 P St #103, Lincoln, NE 68508

3. Get Cozy at the Starlite Lounge

If you’re an old soul you will love this last option. Open from 7pm to 1am, the Starlite Lounge is a great option for those 21 and older looking to grab a couple drinks after a long day of classes. This lounge, located in the Haymarket is a complete blast from the past, offering classic drinks with an elegant and vintage atmosphere. So dress to the nines and enjoy a Valentine’s night out you’ll never forget.

Location:  247 N 8th St, Lincoln, NE 68508