3 Husker Game Day Looks You Need Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

As many of you are aware, the first football game of the season is approaching fast. Not only that, but volleyball and soccer are planning on dominating this year, too, which means we are all in need of some fresh new outfits that scream school spirit. Whether your style be classic and casual, girly, or sporty I’ve scoped out the latest and cutest scarlet and cream pieces that you’ll want to have in your closet. All items are linked, so get your credit card ready. 

Classic & Casual 

This is the go-to gameday look. Pair your fave Husker tee (check out Etsy, for ones like this) with cutoffs and comfy converse for the 8.4 miles you’ll be walking that day. Sunscreen is good, but adding a (super trendy) leather hat and shades to your sunblocking routine is even better. And don’t forget the signature gameday staple – red lipstick. 

Alice Olivia open front cardigan / A – LINE DRESS / Opaque tight / Dolce Vita suede shoes / Marc Jacobs leather purse / Tiffany Co locket necklace

At one point in our lives, I think we have all been asked on a “date” to Husker sporting event. When you’re in Nebraska, that’s a pretty big deal. This look is a bit dressier so you can look good, and feel good! Lucky for Husker fans, burgundy is a huge trend this fall. Add a jacket and tights when the weather starts to get chilly. Although these suede boots might not be the absolute most comfortable, you can sit most the game anyways, and they are to-die-for. Take your favorite crossbody to hold all your necesscities, add a dainty necklace, and you’re dressed to impress.

Sideline Sporty 

Take on game day like nobody has before in the sporty-chic style. How adorable is the red skirt? Pair it with a fun top, and throw on an on-trend bomber jacket for when it gets chilly. Add a pair of your favorite tennies – Adidas Superstars are my pick. Backpacks are the newest crossbody, and they’re even better because it’ll hold everything from your camera, makeup, waterbottle, and sweats for when you crash at your friends house afterwards. These crown earrings are an adorable little reminder that girls rule. To complete the look, throw your hair up in an Ariana Grande style high pony with an Invisibobble hair tie – the newest things in hair accessories – it won’t damage your hair, leave a “ponytail crease” and stays in place. 

Her Campus UNL would love to see how you wear your looks – use the hashtag #hcunl on Instagram to possibly be featured on the site. Oh, and Go Huskers!

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.