Life > Experiences

10 Useful White Elephant Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Are you having a white elephant with your friends? Check out these gift ideas that are useful, unique, and budget-friendly! 

A Mini Tool Set 

Everybody should have a toolset! This 25-piece set has the essentials at a compact size. Find it in Amazon for $13.75 here

A Set of Bath Boms

After finals week, who doesn’t just want some me-time? This is a set of 12 bath bombs with beautiful scents and colors. Bring these to the party and everyone will fight to snatch this gift! 

Find it in Amazon for $26.80 here

A Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker

Who doesn’t just love breakfast food? This item is just great for breakfast on the go, just the way a college student needs it. 

Find it on Amazon for $24.99 at the time this article was posted here.

A Vegetable Chopper

Have you ever seen those infomercials that showed people chopping vegetables the most ridiculous way possible, to then bring their innovative vegetable chopping gadget? This is one of those, and yes I know you always wanted one of them. While this is listed as an onion chopper, it works on other fruits and vegetables as well. 

Find it in Amazon for $22.99 at the time this article was posted here.

Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray

This is both a funny one and a serious one. Honestly, who has not been in the situation when one of these could have come in handy? 

Get a 4 oz. bottle for $9.50-$12.19 (depending on fragrance) here.

Or a full set for $19.50 if you’re feeling the spirit of giving here.

Mini Waffle Maker

We were not done with breakfast foods. This mini waffle maker is just the perfect compact size for the college dorm!

Find it in Amazon for $9.99 at the time this article was posted here.

Infusion Water Bottle

Keep your friends hydrated this 2020! Boost your water with this infusion water bottle.

Find it in Amazon for $15.95 at the time this article was posted here

Skin Care Sets

Another gift perfect for relaxation after finals! This set contains two sheet masks and two hand creams. Perfect for having healthy skin in this dry Nebraska winter. 

Find it in Amazon for $18.00 here

A Hand Cream Set

We are expecting a long winter this 2019-2020. This gift will come in handy! 

Find this set of 6 travel-size hand creams in Amazon for $12.79 here.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

I find problematic their use of “Indian” referring to something that is supposed to be Aztec. Also, I don’t know where they get “Aztec” from in their product. In their website, they include a history tab and the Aztecs are not mentioned at any point nor their geographical area, plus the raw materials for this product come from Death Valley, California.

BUT this culturally appropriating product has really good reviews claiming that it does miracles for skin, removing blemishes in a matter of days. 

Fin it in Amazon for $12.95 here.

Happy Holidays from UNL Her Campus!

Karen Sotelo is a fourth-year Mechanical Engineering student with a minor in Art. She spent her childhood in Mexico but immigrated to South Texas and has been living in the U.S. since 2011. She has worked in a research lab since her freshman year, and it is part of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and the Aerospace Club at UNL. In her spare time, she likes to draw and paint, thrift shop, dance cumbias, and play videogames with her younger brother.