Oscars Best Dressed 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Union chapter.

Lupita stunned in an ice-blue silk Prada, Ellen nailed it and Jennifer Lawrence finally got pizza. This year the dresses were all about details. 

Red Carpet Dresses

Camila Alves McConaughey

Brazilian model and designer wowed in a blush pink floor-length Gabriela Cadena while supporting her husband who was nominated for Best Actor. Her accessories were equally striking with a matching clutch and Lorraine Schwartz earrings.

Lupita Nyong’o

Styled by Micaela Erlander, Lupita’s Cinderella-like dress was supposedly inspired by Elizabeth Taylor. The dress was a collaborated effort of Prada and the designs of the genius stylist. The pale blue pleated floor length dress is peppered with subtle sparkle, inspired by Champagne bubbles.

Jennifer Lawrence

Not only is she the coolest girl on the red carpet, but also admits to having a weakness for pizza like the rest of us! The star was beyond happy to eat a piece of the pizza delivered by Brad Pitt during the show. Seeing as she is the face of Dior, the Hunger Games actress donned a stunning strapless red frock. It doesn’t even matter that this is her second year in a row wiping out at the Academy Awards because, hey, it’s her thing.

Portia de Rossi

Academy Awards host Ellen DeGeneres raved about her wife’s dress before the show, and Portia did not disappoint. Beautiful De Rossi wore a nude Naeem Khan dress cut out with various shapes. De Rossi finished the look with a simple gold clutch and a perfect cuff bracelet.

The After Party Dresses

Kate Hudson

Sure, her silver Versace Atelier with the plunging neckline was drop-dead. But did you see what she wore to the after party? The Zuhair Murad was a piece from the Spring/Summer 2014 couture collection. This cap sleeve hand-beaded bodice gown has one of the coolest necklines at the Vanity Fair party.

Selena Gomez

So maybe she didn’t get to go to the Oscars, so she made up for it by wearing this stunning Emilio Pucci. The sheer halter-top and exceptional beadwork are just a few reasons why this was one of the best dresses at the Vanity Fair party.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

This dress is my personal favorite from the Vanity Fair Party. She nailed it in this baby blue Pre-Fall Cushnie et Ochs jersey dress detailed with mesh and pearls. 

I am a sophomore at Union College.