The Dutchmen are off to Philadelphia!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Union chapter.

The Dutchmen are off to Philadelphia to make their second all-time appearance in the Frozen Four and their second in two years. The first ever school appearance finished in a 3-1 loss to Ferris State University in Tampa, Florida. The Dutchmen, led by Senior Captain Mat Bodie, will look to learn from their past experience and improve on their 2012 run. The ECAC champions enter the tournament on a 13 game win streak and coming off victories over the University of Vermont and Providence College at the NCAA Regional in Bridgeport, CT. Junior forward Sam Coatta believes that the Dutchmen are ready to take the next step in college hockey, “[2012] was a great experience not only for our team but Union College as a whole. To get us on the map nationally and as a hockey program was great. This time around we are more relaxed as we have gained confidence since the first Frozen Four experience.”

The Dutchmen will take on a Boston College team in the semi-finals led by Hobey Baker favorite Johnny Gaudreau. The Eagles’ top line of Gaudreau, Billy Arnold and Kevin Hayes accounted for 8 of the team’s 10 goals in their two NCAA Regional games. If the Dutchmen want to keep up with the Eagles, they will have to smother the top line’s production. The game will take place on Thursday, April 10 at 5 pm. In the other semi-final game, the University of Minnesota will take on the University of North Dakota at 8:30 pm.

SHOW SOME LOVE AND TEAM SPIRIT BY BUYING SOME FROZEN FOUR GEAR AT THE BOOKSTORE NOW!! 

Bio-chem major at Union College.