Campus Celebrity: Ava Carnevale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Union chapter.

Whether she is traveling the world, being a full time fashion guru, ice skating at Messa Rink, or participating in an endless amount of clubs she is involved in; Ava knows how to juggle it all while still remaining absolutely fabulous.  Being a senior at Union with her senior thesis coming to a close she still seems to find time to follow her dreams and make anyone around her laugh. This outgoing small town girl possesses the true qualities of a campus celebrity.

HC: What is your major and interests in these fields?

AC: I am a double major in Anthropology and Spanish with a minor in Law and Humanities. I travelled to Spain for three months during a term abroad and one fun fact that most people do not know about me is that I am fluent in Spanish. I love fashion and travelling so in the future I would like to pursue a career in international fashion marketing or public relations living somewhere in the Los Angeles area. I am currently completing my senior thesis on why we are convinced to buy more clothes and how everyone on campus dresses in the same manner. I also found how a lot of people changed their appearance and styling when they got to Union so they could fit in acceptably.

Ava in Argentina 

HC: Wow that’s amazing! What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?

AC: I am involved in almost too much! But I love every club and organization I participate in. The President of the Order of Omega that is made up of only a few Greeks that hold a GPA above the Greek average, Public Relations Chair for Spanish Club, President and Founder of Lambda Alpha (anthropology honors society), Deans List recipient, Student Representative for the Liason Committee on Study Abroad, Commencement Committee, Greek Awards Committee, Key Note Speaker for the International Programs at accepted students day, and last but not least two consecutive officer positions in my sorority Delta Delta Delta. I would have to say the Greek Awards committee is one of my favorite because it gives me the opportunity to speak with faculty about the accomplishment of Greek Life and to recognize what fraternities and sororities do on and off campus. My sorority is directly affiliated with St. Jude and I attended the St. Jude convention in 2012 while also attending the Delta Convention in Arizona. 

HC: What are some fun facts about you that people should know?

AC: I am a certified professional ice skater and you can usually find me iceskating at Messa Rink during their free hours. I try to live a very healthy lifestyle and yoga is a huge passion of mine other than fashion. This summer I explored my love for fashion when I interned with the online magazine Hollywoodlife.com and lived in New York City. After living in the city I realized I will always be a small town girl from Boxford Massachusetts. I love to travel and as I said I went to Spain abroad but I have also gone to six continents and over thirty countries. Something very funny is that I was on the Union College cheerleading team my freshman year.. Yes we did have a cheering team. The one thing people should know about me is that I would rather be a complete jokester and make someone laugh than let someone have a bad day. 

I am an aspiring singer and television personality on a mission to adovcate for big cats around the world