Best Restaurants in Schenectady County For Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Union chapter.

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! Where will you be taking your date out to dinner on February 14th? As we all know, Schenectady is a smaller city that is a little rough around the edges, but behind its rugged façade are some hidden gems to check out. Here are the top-rated restaurants in their specialty located Schenectady!

Traditional – Blue Ribbon Family Restaurant & Bakery

Blue Ribbon is a family style restaurant with a wide range of dishes; from comfort food to prime rib, this place has it all. As more casual option, this eatery would be great to go on a group date or just with your girlfriends! The desert menu from the bakery is to die for. They even have gluten-free options and are known for having over 30 different flavors of cheesecake. Can you say yum?

Blue Riddon Family Resturant & Bakery Menu

Italian – Johnny’s

For a nice Italian dinner, Johnny’s is always my favorite place to go! Every dish is divine, especially their pasta with pink sauce (my personal favorite). Serving lunch and dinner, Johnny’s can meet your needs for a day or night Valentine’s Day meal. Because of its more sophisticated atmosphere, it is a little on the pricier side, but definitely worth it for a special treat. Happy Hour is from 3-6pm Monday – Friday!

Johnny’s Menu

French – Cella Bistro

Cella Bistro was named the capital’s best bistro, and I would have to agree! The food is absolutely delicious with some nicer options to choose from. A perfect place for date night, especially this Valentine’s Day! They are offering a special Valentine’s weekend menu from February 13 – 15 and it looks delicious.

Cella Bistro Menu

Cella Bistro Valentine’s Weekend Menu

Moroccan – Tara Kitchen

If you’re feeling adventurous and are looking for a different, yet enjoyable meal, try Tara Kitchen. The atmosphere has a more intimate environment, a great place for conversation. The grilled pita bread is my absolute favorite side dish! Go to Tara Kitchen, you won’t be disappointed!

Tara Kitchen Menu

Japanese – Mr. Wasabi

Mr. Wasabi has the best sushi, hands down. You can never go wrong with a sushi date, with friends or your significant other. Always delicious and fast serving, this is a great Valentine’s Day option. There are many different rolls and options to mix and match to make your perfect Japanese meal!

Mr. Wasabi Menu

Have fun this Valentine’s Day, treat your date to a nice meal in town and enjoy yourself!