Spring Shoe Trend 2011: Wedge Sandals!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Prepare yourself ladies— the sandals are coming! Spring is screaming for your feet to be noticed with the nice weather. What better way to strut your stuff than with wedges? Wedge sandals are the number one trend this season. Many girls think they cannot walk in heels and that is why wedges are such a great choice. Most wedge heels are wide enough so that you will not roll your ankle or trip while wearing them. They will also keep your feet cool in the heat we are dying to receive after this winter.

Many students may think, “If only I had the money to buy a new pair of shoes.” Now anyone can buy a great pair of shoes with prices that are low enough for anyone to afford. You don’t have to spend over $100 to buy a great pair of shoes. A lot of shoe designers are looking towards Target and other mainstream stores to design shoes for less. Payless also has some great picks for the season that will add color to your wardrobe. If you are willing to pay a little more, Piperlime.com has one of the best selections of designer shoes out there.

Neutral shoes are a great option since they will go with any outfit you put together. I like the nude shoes I’ve shown below. Colored wedges can be just as good of an option as the next as long as they will go with the majority of your wardrobe. Remember— wearing them often will make your dollar stretch even further than letting them sit in your closet for eons.

(From Top) Women’s Dolce Vita for Target® Rope Wedge Sandals – Cognac : Target $30; DV by Dolce Vita Toni Wedge Sandals,$79 : Piperlime.com; Women’s Pink Wedges : Payless Shoes, $25; Steve Madden, Riddgge, $100; Women’s Dolce Vita for Target® Rope Wedge Sandals – Nude : Target, $30; Womens – American Eagle – Sweetpea Canvas Wedge – Payless Shoes, $20