Spring 2011 Trend: It’s a Trench Thing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Even though the weather is beginning to warm up, the weather is still going to stay below the magic 70 degrees we are dying to have for the time being. All the more reason to greet spring with a great jacket! Jackets are a great way to pull an outfit together without weighing you down like heavy winter coats tend to do. The trench coat has been everywhere this season. If you don’t like the classic trench, there are numerous colors to choose from to switch up the classic. If you don’t feel like the longer jackets are your thing, there are shorter versions of the classic like the fuchsia trench coat shown below. This trench is found at Old Navy for only $20! Look below to see one that works for you!

Light Turquoise LC Lauren Conrad Trench Coat found at Kohl’s, $84; Classic Trench Coat found at H&M, $50; Military Green Trench Coat found at Old Navy, $50;  Midnight Blue Trench Coat found at Topshop.com, $190; Fuchsia Trench coat found at Old Navy, $20; Tangy Peach Double Storm Flap Trench coat found at Topshop.com, $180