The Ladies Tell All: What’s the Best “Girl’s Night Out” Outfit?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

We’ve all done it– gone through our closet at least three times, tried on five different outfits (one of which you tried on twice), and practically pulled our hair out as we stared blankly into our closet thinking “what am I going to wear tonight?!” Well ladies, maybe it’s time we stop complicating this process and consider the simple advice from these fellow women! What do they wear for a “girls night out”?

1. A pair of jeggings, heels, and a cute top from the Buckle. – Raelynn
  2. Jeans and a fancy top. – Megan
  3. Skinny jeans, a cute top, and high heels. – Heather
  4. I’d say, skinny jeans, heels, and a cute top. – Kilie
  5. Dark wash jeans, heels, and a nice shirt. – Jaime
  6. Either jeans with heels, a nice shirt, and jewelry, or a skirt, heels, tank, and cardigan. – Alison
  7. I think a pair of dark wash jeans, a patterned shirt, lots of fun jewelry, and boots! – Carly
  8. Heels, a skirt or skinny jeans, and a tank top. – Jalessa
  9. Skinny jeans or a skirt and a cute blouse with any accessories that may be necessary! – Madison
  10. The perfect “girls night out” outfit is something you love to wear, feel comfortable in, aren’t fussing with all night, and something you’re confident in. – Jessie

As ladies of UNI, we are sexy, fun, and full of life. Our outfits should reflect who we are and what we love. When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, you look good! The key, just like Jessie said, is confidence! It’s as simple as that.

Still stuck on what to wear? Here’s a great outfit idea
from CollegeFashion.net based off what the ladies suggest! 

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.