This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

This week’s celebrity is a woman in charge. She is currently the entertainment comittee chair for this year’s Relay For Life, coming up on on April 13 and 14, and she’s the public relations chair for the Student Admissions Ambassadors. Please welcome our latest campus celebrity, Kayleigh Green!

Name:
Kayleigh Green
Hometown:Cascade, Iowa
Year in school: Junior
Major:Marketing and Advertising
Job:Career Peer Advisor in UNI Career Services
Favorite Food:Cucumber sandwiches

What is your favorite part of UNI?
My favorite part of UNI is the sense of community that defines our campus.  I feel that same welcoming feeling I felt walking down the hallways of my 2A high school saying “hi” to friends as I do walking on campus and saying hi to close friends, acquaintances, or professors.

Why did you choose UNI?
I wanted a school large enough where I could expand my horizons, meet new people, and challenge myself; but small enough where I could get to know my professors.

What is your favorite college memory?
Many of my college memories result from the great group of lifelong friends I made while living two years in the dorms, Dancer 12th floor!

What are your plans after UNI?
After UNI, I hope to re-locate outside the Midwest and expand my horizons, while working my way up in an advertising firm or work in a corporate office as a business development manager.  Either way, I am excited to do some traveling and continue to meet new people!

What activities are you involved with on campus?
I have been involved in Colleges Against Cancer/Relay For Life of UNI since my freshman year on campus.  I am currently the Entertainment Committee chair.  I am fortunate to work with great vice-chairs, a close-knit executive team, and a rock star committee to plan the 12-hour entertainment line-up for our annual fundraiser, Relay For Life in the spring.  I get to try my hand at event planning, while contributing to a great, relevant cause, to end cancer.  I am also the Public Relations Committee chair for the Student Admission Ambassadors.  I have the privilege of working with 49 other students through campus tours, panels, and volunteer work!

What is your dream job?
My dream job is to work as a Brand Manager or Account Executive for Proctor and Gamble. 

What do you like to do in your free time?
Like most college students, I like to hang out with friends in my free time.

Any Inspiring quotes or sayings you like to life by?
“Happiness is a mood, not a destination”

Anything else you would like to tell Her Campus?
Thank you for interviewing me! 

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.