The Hippinista: So Long Sweet Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Saying good-bye to summer is going to be difficult as the first frost is just around the corner. Summer is one of my favorite seasons for the reason of wearing lighter knit clothing that is usually quite comfortable. Floral prints are also my favorite with summer and are easy to add into your pre-fall wardrobe as long as you pair them with items that you can still be warm enough in for fall.  I put together an outfit that will be much more appealing to the summer lovers that are not ready to greet fall with open arms. Layering is the easiest way to change up a dress you already own. Add a belt for a put-together look that will look great with a lady-like bag.

Catch Your Eyelet Dress$60 – modcloth.com; Bright Floral Crop Tee$50 – topshop.com; Lace-Up Leatherette Boots$28 – forever21.com; Lilac Quilted Mini Barrel Bag$26$18 – missselfridge.com; Leather Belt$16- hm.com

For more of Hilary’s blogs, check out her site! http://thehippinista.blogspot.com/

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.