Flimsy Lindsey: Case of the blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

This weekend was a bit of a roller coaster.
I spent Friday night with a great group of girls reminiscing about our cheering days and wishing we all didn’t live in different cities. Saturday was filled with window shopping and naps.
Then Saturday night our basketball team lost in the sub-state game leaving the entire town broken-hearted.
Boyfriend was pretty torn up; not because they lost, but because a great season with wonderful kids had come to an end. It kills him that he won’t see those players every day.
Sunday came with a rich case of the blues. We spent the day in true depression form; not showering, laying on the couch, ordering pizza and only using cynical commentary when discussing the Oscars.

But things are looking up- it’s a new day after all!
Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.