Campus Fashionista: Megan Shirk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Name: Megan Shirk
Year at UNI: Senior
Major: Bio Med

Why did you choose to wear this outfit today? I chose to wear this outfit today because I am trying to transition from Winter to Spring. This outfit is perfect for the weather right now.

Where did you get the items you are wearing?
Jeans- American Eagle
Animal print top- Express
Purple cardigan- Express

What are your favorite places to shop? Express, Von Maur, and Forever 21

What is your favorite clothing item that you own? My favorite clothing item is a dress from
Charlotte Russe. It is tan and white with a pink ribbon.

Do you have any favorite fashion trends right now? I really like headbands, v-neck tees, and leggings. I wear leggings a lot.

I chose to interview Megan as my next Campus Fashionista because she is completely adorable. Everything about her look says “fun and feminine”! I love her ability to look sophisticated and feminine in an outfit that is casual enough to wear to class. Mixing a neutral-colored, printed top with a brightly-colored cardigan is a great way to stand out in the crowd. The printed top and bright cardigan doesn’t look overwhelming because the top is in a neutral color. The dark wash jeans are a great addition to the outfit because they are a classic and look fabulous with everything. The pearl bracelet is a perfect accessory to pull it all together and keep the look classy and feminine. This look is perfect for any occasion because it can be worn to class with flats. Adding heels and a clutch can take this look from day to night without looking too overdone. I think we can all learn from Megan and add a feminine touch or two to our wardrobe for Spring!

Here is how to get Megan’s look! I used a colorful printed top underneath a neutral cardigan, rather than a colorful cardigan and neutral top, for an equally fun look!

Denim- American Eagle Women’s Artist Jeans $40, www.ae.com

Gray Cardigan- Old Navy Boyfriend Cardigan $30, www.oldnavy.com

Tank Top- Printed Hanky-Hem Tank $20, www.delias.com

Watch- Anne Klein Watch $40, www.zappos.com

Flower Earrings- Betsey Johnson Pink Flower Earrings $30, www.nordstrom.com

Dark blue nail color- OPI $5.50, www.amazon.com

Sandals- Ruffle Strap Sandal $25, www.wetseal.com