Campus Celebrity: Rob Bauer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

As many of you know, we are currently holding our Her Campus “Most Fashionable Collegiette” contest. To help us promote the contest, we were blessed beyond belief to have two great e-media students create our contest entrance video. This week we are featuring one of them. Meet the man who helped make that video possible and this week’s campus celebrity – Rob Bauer!

Name:
Rob Bauer

Hometown: Algona, Iowa

Year in school: Sophomore

Major: Communication in Electronic Media

Job: Production Assistant for Joe Marchesani at UNI

Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo

What is your favorite part of UNI? 
It is big enough to get the real college experience, but it is also small enough for one person to make an impact.

Why did you choose UNI? 
They had a great Electronic Media Program and I loved the atmosphere of the campus when I visited.

What is your favorite college memory? 
I really do have too many great memories to choose from. Every time I meet someone new, it is usually stored as a great memory in my head. I loved having the chance to perform my music in the Cab’s open mic event with the smash poet headliners the Dynamic Duo last semester. But I also love the little memories that are created everyday in class, or hanging out with friends.

What are your plans after UNI? 
Get a good job! I hope to one day work in a production house, and then go on to start my own studio someday. It is a long road ahead, but I believe all you need is a dream and the dedication to catch it.

What activities are you involved with on campus?
-I work for Joe Marchesani in the ITTC. He has me do a large variety of things like operate cameras, edit video productions, etc.
-Primetime with the Provost Gloria Gibson. I have operated cameras for this TV show as well as doubled as the stage manager for the production.
-Cedar River Productions. I first became a member of CRP last semester. As of this week’s meeting I am running for the Presidential position at CRP. 

What is your dream job? 
I suppose I would love to be a famous rock star, but isn’t that everyone’s dream?

If you could be any book, movie or TV show character, who would you be and why?
I would probably have to be Jim Halpert from The Office. He is a bit of a trickster with his co-worker Dwight, and he is happily married with kids! What more is there to ask of life?!

What do you like to do in your free time?
Write songs/play guitar, perform with my band The Mascot, spend time with friends, make new friends, go to the movies, make videos, and I often spend time thinking. 

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.