Campus Celebrity: Lauren Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the Vice President of the UNI Tennis Team and has an awesome on-campus job at the 23rd Street Market. She is an Iowa girl but dreams of moving to NYC to use her Criminology major in SUCH a huge way! Meet our latest Campus Celebrity- Lauren Hall!

Name: Lauren Hall

Hometown: Iowa City

Year in School: Junior

Major: Criminology

Job: 23rd Street Market

What is your favorite part about UNI? I really enjoy the campus size and all the opportunities that are available for students. There always seems like there is something going on and plenty of things to get involved in.

Why did you choose UNI? I chose UNI because I knew I wanted to stay in Iowa and The University of Iowa was not one of my choices being from Iowa City. After going on a college visit here I loved the campus size and the number of students. It seemed like a great fit for me.

What is your favorite college memory? My favorite college memory is any away tennis tournament with the UNI tennis club. Anytime I am with the tennis club we have so much fun and always have a good time together, nothing beats a weekend with them.

What are your plans after UNI? I do not have any exact plans once I graduate. I would like to move away somewhere a little warmer, possibly choosing Kansas City. I also plan to find a job working with juveniles.

What activities are you involved in on campus? I am involved in the UNI tennis club. I am currently Vice President and I love playing with the team.

What is your dream job? My dream job is working for the Innocence Project in New York City. They use DNA evidence to prove that incarcerated individuals on death row are actually innocent. I think it would be such a rewarding experience!

What is your favorite clothing item in your closet and why? My favorite clothing item in my closest is pretty much anything I own that’s turquoise. As my friends know it’s my favorite color and I tend to wear it a lot.

What is one item on your Christmas list? For Christmas, I would love a new pair of boots. With the way the winter is in Iowa boots are definitely a necessity.

What do you like to do in your free time? In my free time I love to spend time with my friends, shopping, watching movies, going out to eat and just hanging out. While I am at home I also enjoy spending free time with my grandmother, she is super great!

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.