Campus Celebrity: Josh Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

“He is a shining star in the community!” Senior Josh Wilson has made a lasting impact on the UNI campus. He’s one of those people you see everywhere – in Maucker, at the WRC, and at games. He has worked on the Colleges Against Cancer and serves as an off-campus senator for the Northern Iowa Student Government. His personality is infectious and inspiring. He is a great example of a UNI panther. Ladies and gens – say hello to Josh Wilson, your campus celebrity! 

Name: Josh Wilson

Hometown: Waterloo, IA

Year in School: Senior

Major: Political Communication

Job: Campaign Intern

What the nominator said about Wilson:
 “He is a friend to everyone he meets and treats each person as if they are the most important person in the world. He is the epitome of a leader: dedicated, passionate, personable, patient, reliable, and most importantly, a friend.”

Q. What is your favorite part of UNI?
 A. My favorite part of UNI is the people! I’ve made so many great friends at UNI, young and old! It’s a small school, but not too small that you can’t  meet someone new each day!

Q. Why did you choose to come to UNI?
 A. UNI is a great college and there are ultimately many great reasons to attend, but the biggest reason I choose UNI is because it’s the school that my mom attended! I was raised a panther!

Q. What is your favorite college memory so far?
 A. My favorite college memory would have to be my involvement with Colleges Against Cancer and helping raise thousands of dollars for cancer research! We have such a caring and involved campus!

Q. What are your plans after UNI?
 A. After UNI I plan to enter a career in the media or the communications side of politics. One thing is for sure, I want to move to a bigger city!

Q.  What activities are you involved with on campus?
 A. My biggest involvement on campus during my time at UNI was with Colleges Against Cancer and the UNI Relay For Life. A great organization with a very important mission…curing cancer! I am also an off-campus senate representative to the student government.

Q. What would be your dream job?
 A. I would love to be a talk show host, but ultimately any career where I get to meet and talk to lots of people will be a dream come true!

Q. What do you like to do in your free time?
 A. I love to play tennis, hang out with my friends and family and love to travel!

Q. Do you have any inspiring quotes you like?
 A. My two favorite quotes are by Walt Disney and Ralph Waldo Emerson. “If you can dream it; you can do it” (Disney) and “Do not go   where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” (Emerson).

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.