Campus Celebrity: Alyssa Dyall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

You may have seen her at the athletic events cheering the panthers on to victory. Or maybe you’ve seen her at singing her lungs out at a Vocal AmmUNItion show. One things for sure: she plays a huge part in the UNI community and is worth getting to know! Ladies and gens, meet this weeks campus celebrity: Alyssa Dyall!

Name: Alyssa Dyall 

Hometown: Mt. Pleasant, IA

Year in school: Junior

Major: Elementary Education and Early Childhood

Job: Wellness and Recreation Center (WRC) Office Assistant. –Come schedule a massage! Call 273-6119! They are amazing!

What is your favorite part of UNI?
I love everything about UNI! There are so many good things to choose from. Some of my favorites are: making amazing friends, cheering on the panthers at any and all sporting events, getting involved with student organizations, working on campus, and being given opportunities to travel!

Why did you choose UNI?
I choose UNI, because it was the perfect fit for me. It had small class sizes, but a bigger campus feel. I love the fact that it only takes 10-15 minutes to walk across campus. UNI is known for its outstanding education program and since I want to be a teacher, it works out perfect! Also, the fact that everyone on campus is so friendly and outgoing makes it truly an amazing place to live. Who wouldn’t love the UNI community?

What is your favorite college memory?
My favorite memory from college would either be going to the Sweet 16 basketball game in St. Louis to cheer on the Panthers, traveling with the club tennis team on the weekends for meets, or going to Chicago with the show choir and auditioning for the Glee Project.  All of these things are so memorable, because I was able to bond, hang with my friends, and have a good time!

What are your plans after UNI?
Oh my! That’s hard to predict! I would like to think that I will be teaching at a performing arts elementary school, but you never know what the future holds. I am willing to rise to any opportunity that comes along!

What activities are you involved with on campus?
I am involved with: Club Tennis – Social Chairman, President of UNI’s Show Choir (Vocal AmmUNItion), Panther Pep Crew, and Camp Adventure.

Why did you want to be on Panther Pep Crew?
It is so much fun! I wanted to be involved with this group, because I love going to athletic events and cheering the Panthers onto Victory! I think it’s so important to support our teams! It shows how much you care and take pride in your school! My favorite part is bonding with the rest of the students in the crowd! The larger the student section is, the more fun it gets!

What is your dream job?
My dream job would be to teach at a performing arts school! The arts have had a huge impact in my life and I think they are so important for kids to experience throughout their education.

What do you like to do in your free time?
In my free time, I love to ride my bike! It’s such a great stress reliever and it is just beautiful outside this time of year!

Any inspiring quotes you like or live by?
“Live life to your fullest!”
And
“If you can dream it, you can do it!” – Walt Disney

Anything else you want her campus to know?
Thank-you so much for nominating me! I feel truly honored! Also, to all of the staff at Her Campus, keep up the hard work! You all have done a fantastic job this year! I love reading your articles online, especially the articles about UNI’s “Campus Cuties!”

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.