5 Way to Spice up November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Well, you’ve done it. 

You’ve made it halfway through the semester, so go ahead and pat yourself on the back. Atleast you’ve made it this far! Unfortunately, what’s left of the semester isn’t always the brightest…literally. The sun, if it’s feeling nice, comes out for about an hour a day. The upcoming blizzards are only going to make you want to curl up in bed all day and be extremely unproductive. You will probably get sick. And the worst part of all…your professors seem to have no sympathy for any of these and pile on all the papers and tests they possibly can. So with all these negatives coming your way, I’ve created a list of to-do’s to help keep you treading above water before this semester comes to a quick end! Mark these in your November calendars!

1)    Throw a theme party! Just because Halloween is over doesn’t mean you can’t have another reason to get dressed up! My personal suggestion: Stoplight Party: Wear green if you’re single, yellow if you’re questionable, (these days referred to as “talking”) and red if you’re taken!

2)    Make use of your Pinterest! We all repin a million things a day, but why not take a day to actually MAKE the awesome doo-dads!

3)    Re-arrange your bedroom. Before you leave for break, completely switch everything up! When you come back, you’ll feel refreshed and ready to start up with a new place!

4)    Read a good book. I know what you are thinking…Like I have time to read a book that I won’t be tested over later! Well, you do! Think about all the times you sit on facebook for hours before bed…Read a book instead! It will also help you fall asleep faster!

5)    Go exploring! Before it gets too brutal outside, grab your scarf and walk on one of the trails, or even just to a pretty outdoors spot! We have lots of those lovely places here in Cedar Falls if you weren’t aware! Not only will you get a good workout in, you can leave with some beautiful pictures from the day!

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.