2011 UNI Catwalk: Mixtape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Lights, camera, action! The Textiles and Apparel Association did it again! After countless hours of hard work from designers, show help, and models, the designers sent their work down the runway for the 19th annual Catwalk fashion show. This year’s theme embodied the most popular genres of music— Hip-Hop, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Classical, Indie, Pop, and Westwood Punk. The garments that were made fit into each section. The use of stylization, hair and make-up really made the sections have their own look. We even have a fabric printer that prints onto fabric. A few designers made all original print work for their fabric.

Westwood Punk was a tribute to, the wonder woman, Vivienne Westwood. She was been a large name designer for over thirty years. The students that made their pieces for this section took inspirations from Vivienne’s work in the past and made it their own.

The Catwalk Fashion Show as a huge hit filling up the whole auditorium in Lang. Students, like me, cannot wait to begin planning for next year’s 20th Fashion Show at UNI. This show was definitely one to remember.

Photos from top: Original fabric made by designers, Westwood Punk, and Classical.

Photography taken by Mitchell Strauss.

For more from Hilary, visit  The Hippinista!