Style > Fashion

Your Thanksgiving Weekend Outfit Guide

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The Night Before Thanksgiving 

The night before Thanksgiving is always a fun night to see everyone from high school who is home for the holiday. For this night, I would wear jeans and a casual top so that you’re comfortable but dress it up with a cute shoe like a heel or boot. I would throw on a statement jacket to spice up the look and accessorize with cute pieces such as a headband or watch. 

Morning Turkey Trot 

I always feel better when I get a quick walk or run in before spending the rest of the day eating a bunch of yummy food. For the morning workout on Thanksgiving morning, I would wear a cute matching workout set. I’ve been loving pink lately. Add chunky workout sneakers with socks and a sweatshirt and you’ll be ready to take on the day!

Thanksgiving Dinner 

For the main event of the weekend, I would wear a chic black turtleneck with a checkered shirt paired with a fuzzy jacket for the anticipated crisp air on Thanksgiving night. Pairing this outfit with black boots and some fun accessories will make it even cuter! I always like to dress up for Thanksgiving dinner even though my family hosts the holiday. Having a cute outfit always makes it more fun.

Black Friday Shopping 

Black Friday shopping is always fun but it’s important to be comfortable. For this part of the weekend, I would wear jeans or sweatpants and a basic top. I always get super hot walking around stores so I like to have layers or a short sleeve shirt on. Throwing on a hat and a cute pair of sneakers will add some fun accessories to the look. 

Catching Up With Home Friends

Throughout the rest of the weekend, while spending time with friends and family, I would wear a variety of jeans and either a long-sleeved shirt or a sweater. I would definitely have accessories like a scarf, hat and sunglasses depending on the weather. I would wear either sneakers or boots depending on what activity you are doing!

Natalie is a Senior Communication Business Application major at the University of New Hampshire. She is the Social Media & Marketing Manager of UNH's Her Campus Chapter.