Your Essential Spring Break “to do” List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  1. Pack your dresses, swim suits, and cover-ups.

If your plan is to pack up and head towards the south then this definitely applies to you. Finally leaving the east coast and putting on a bikini to lay in the sun for hours just seems right at this time of year. I love to utilize a cute cover up over each swim suit whether it’s a sweater, kimono, or just a simple pair of shorts. Dresses cam range from mini, long, or a flowy sundress which is my go to. I typically look through princess polly, target, or even amazon to find these and have never had an issue. This will stray away from my typical outfit choice of a sweatshirt and sweatpants but I mean that in the best way possible.

2. Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen!

Being directly in the sun is very harmful for the skin for various reasons. Sunscreen should be applied every half hour because the repercussions are not worth it just for the tan. Sun poisoning is one of these repercussions that is more fast paced because if you were to lay in the sun with no protection for hours you can spend the night puking with a swollen face. Being on spring break missing a night isn’t really worth it huh.

3. Relax and have fun.

It’s a lot to plan a trip home or away and I think a lot of people are focusing on these trips rather than actually getting a break from school. This is a great time to unwind and relax as we reach mid semester and not be thinking about school work all week. Hopefully you’ve completed most of your midterms so when it is time to come back there isn’t a lot on your plate.

Hi i'm Bridget, a senior Psychology major with a Communication minor at the University of New Hampshire. I am from Wilmington Mass, a small town about 20 minutes north of Boston!