The Woman Behind Mr. UNH: Sarah Johnston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Sarah Johnston is the Philanthropy Chair of the Chi Omega Sorority here at UNH. With her fall event, Mr. UNH, right around the corner on November 1st, we wanted to get the scoop about what Mr. UNH and Make-A-Wish meant to her!

The Basics:

Hometown: Wilbraham, MA

Grade: Junior

Major: Marketing and Entrepreneurial Studies

Dream job: Run my own company

Involvement on campus: Chi Omega, New England Center Advancement Services

UNH Favorites:

Hoco or Philly? Hoco

Homecomign or Cinco? Cinco

Dimond or Paul? Paul

DHOP, Dominos or Papa Johns? DHOP

Football or hockey? Hockey

Hut or Coffee Craving? Hut

More About Mr. UNH:

How would you explain the Mr. UNH event to students, faculty or community members who have never been to the show before?

Mr.UNH is a male beauty pageant comprised of 13 contestants who compete through talent, swimwear, and formal wear for the title of Mr.UNH! ITS SO FUNNY

What does the money raised at the Mr. UNH event go to?

All of the proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation branch in New Hampshire

Could you tell us some of the contestants that will be participating in the pageant this year? We have a variety of contestants from RA’s to athletes, to fraternity brothers to singers!

Planning such a big event can be overwhelming. What has been the most challenging part of planning the event so far? The most rewarding?

The most challenging part has been waiting for it to actually happen. I’ve been planning since the beginning of September so I’m ready for it to happen. The most rewarding part is definitely seeing where the money we raise goes to. It’s awesome to be able to see first-hand the amazing kids and families we are able to help.

Finally, what do Mr.UNH & the Make-A-Wish organization at large mean to you?

They both mean a lot to me. I know a lot of kids and families who have had the opportunity to have a wish granted and it’s something that really hits home for me. To be able to say that I have helped to make a difference is a really great feeling.

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!