Wellness

Why I Have The Planet Fitness Black Card As A College Student 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As a Senior at UNH, there are 4 Planet Fitness locations within a 20-minute radius from campus. At $24.99, you are able to use the gym and all of the black card amenities with their premium membership. Eight miles away from campus in Dover, New Hampshire, is the first original Planet Fitness location. Because of this, they have a spa including three types of UV tanning, message chairs, relaxation room and hydro massage beds. The standard membership is $10 a month, however you have to declare a home location. Contrary, the black card membership lets you bring a guest and you can visit any PF location. As a college student who is always traveling between home and campus, I highly recommend the black card as I can workout at a local gym in my proximity and have access to the black card spa. 

I am a Senior dual majoring in Entrepreneurial Studies and Marketing. I am an ES major because I have hopes of one day opening my own bridal salon. I decided to add Marketing as a dual major because I enjoy digital marketing and marketing analytics. I am very interested in SEO and how it is constantly evolving in today's digital world. I grew up and lived in Franklin, MA my whole life before moving to Durham. I have a twin brother and an older sister. In my free time, I enjoy going to the gym, spending time with my friends and family, and shopping! After graduation this Spring, I will be working at a bridal boutique close to home. I have previous sales and marketing experience within the bridal industry. I originally found my passion within the bridal industry with my interest in the TV show on TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" and was enrolled in sewing classes twice a week when I was younger. Ever since then, I have been very excited about the fashion world and love staying up to date with current trends.