What to Watch: Frozen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Last week The University announced that the 2014 Commencement Speaker will be “Frozen” Screenwriter and Director Jennifer Lee. Jennifer was a 1992 graduate of the University of New Hampshire. This March Lee was the first woman to direct an animated feature film for Walt Disney Animation Studios. She took home an Oscar® for Best Animated Feature at the Academy Awards® for her beloved “Frozen“.

In honor of hearing this news I decided to FINALLY watch Frozen, and I canot believe it has taken me so long to do so! This is without a doubt the best Disney movie I have seen in years.

Frozen is heart warming in all of the right ways, it’s mostly a story about the love of friendship and sisterhood. Frozen also shows an amazing new side of animation films where Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) is a clumsy, tom-boy princess unlike anyone we’ve seen before. Elsa is the older sister, who has a magical gift of controlling and making it snow.

It wouldn’t be a Disney movie without songs and this movie really delivers! The voice of Elsa is none other than Idina Menzel (Yes Wicked’s amazing Elphaba), her voice captivates all during the ballad of the Academy Award winning song “Let It Go“. This song and all other songs that Elsa sings throughout the movie will give you chills down your spine. If Disney movies are not normally your thing, I would suggest still watching it for the songs.

My favorite part of the film is the snowman that comes to life, Olaf. His hilariously cute comments about his “cute little unicorn” carrot nose and not having a skull make you laugh but get outshined by his true friendship comments to Anna as becomes extremely ill.

Frozen offers a new door to open for Disney movies and can draw in viewers of all kinds. Take the time this week to drive to our nearest Red Box and grab the movie. Trust me it will be the best $1.20 you’ve spent in a long time.

Click to watch the Official Frozen Trailer !!!

UNH Her Campus Editor in Cheif Member since 2012Junior Chi Omega SisterHelath Management and Policy Major with a Minor in Sociology Originally from Orono, ME. Lover of Fashion, Fall, and Food