Money

What to get your parents for christmas

If you’re anything like me, you struggle with what to buy your mom and dad for Christmas. Every year, my parents are the hardest people to buy gifts for because it seems like they have everything already. Plus, you want the gift to be meaningful and something they’ll actually use, right? Well, here are some ideas for what to get your parents (and everything’s under $50)!

for the parent who loves to cook
You can’t go wrong with a good cookbook. This one’s on sale for $16.65!
for the parent who’s always watching the game
So they can stay hydrated AND support the team as they watch the game
for the parent who’d rather stay at home
As a homebody myself, EVERY homebody needs a soft, plush robe to chill out in
for the parent who constantly has a coffee in hand
A cold cup of coffee is the worst — this mug heats itself!
For the super fit parent
Ankle weights are great for at-home workouts!

That’s it! I hope this gift guide was helpful even if it simply inspired you to start shopping. (It’s never too early, you know). But with all this being said, it’s important to remember that the holidays are about spending time with family and friends, not about getting gifts. Although the gifts don’t hurt. I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Kind of. In all seriousness though, take time this holiday season to appreciate the things you have and the people you care about. Happy holidays!

Kylie is a junior English/Journalism student at UNH. She loves almond milk lattes, The Office and any book by Taylor Jenkins Reid.