Kellyn Simpkin-Hat Girl Writing Book Grass Outside
Kellyn Simpkin / Her Campus

What to do on a hot day in Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

By Sarah LaPorte

The end of the school year is creeping upon us and the warm weather is approaching. I’ll be honest when the sun comes out i avoid my work as mucg as possible. Not the best habits but I am a sucker for nice weather. What I do to enjoy the nice weather in Durham is try to find a nice sunny spot and read. My favorite spot around campus recently are the benches on the bridge that connects ham smith and the library. Its always sunny and quiet with minimal distractions. I also love to lay outside my apartment to try and get some color, granted outside my apartment is the hannafords lot but theres a nice little hill where the sun hits just right.Making a slip and slide in your friends yard is also a super fun activity. Get a tarp, hose, dish soap and you’ve got yourself a slip and slide. Going to the beach is also one of my favorite sunny day activities. Being from the ocean state myself there is never a summer that goes by without a beach day. Hampton beach is only 30 minutes away but secretly my favorite beach is Jenness beach in Rye. these are just a few of the things I enjoy doing in Durham in the nice weather. 

I am a junior at the University of New Hampshire studying Homeland Security and I have a dual minor in Justice Studies and History. I am from South Kingstown Rhode Island.