What They Wore: Halloweekend 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Most Popular Costumes of Halloween 2016 

1. Mermaid

This costume was definitely overplayed but at least everyone still looked gorgeous when they did it.

2. Alien

So many shiny bodysuits, buns, and glittery face makeup. Definitely not a costume that was out of this world.

3. Harley Quinn

There’s always one costume that comes from a movie or pop culture and this was it this year.

4. Zombie

This costume is super easy to make, which is a plus but hopefully this costume trend will be dead by next year.

5. Deer

Even though we all probably saw picture after picture on Instagram of this one, you might not have minded. Each one was a little different and the face make up was impressive.

6. 3 Blind Mice 

This idea was genius and the first time I saw it I was impressed….until I saw herds of “blind mice” walking around campus.

Most Unique Costumes

1. Fantasy Football

This costume definitely deserves some credit. Instead of just wearing a jersey, you throw on a cape and a hat and it has a whole new meaning

2.Girl Scouts

Doing this probably took some planning but it’s definitely adorable. Bonus points for still looking cute and keeping it classy

3. The 7 dwarfs

Who doesn’t love a classic princess costume? But these girls took that idea and made it a little more interesting

4. Biker Chick 

It’s badass but it’s not the overdone prisoner/cope or zombie vampire costume.

5. New Girl

Everyone loves the show new girl so making into a Halloween costume is genius. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!