What NOT to wear: Guy’s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Girls, we all know that shopping for guys is ten times more fun than shopping for ourselves. I mean seriously, going to the store and shopping for you just gets stressful and annoying and blah blah blah. Guys are SO easy to dress and us girls just get it. We know what we want to see them in and we know if we buy it for them they will wear it. Well…. Sometimes guys just don’t get it. They’re so clueless about what they definitely should NOT wear. Help em’ out a little bit!

1. Cargo shorts/pants and or Jorts. How many things could you POSSIBLY have that you need so many pockets?! There are honestly just too many and you look like you’re going to fall over from how much weight you’re holding. And Jeans are meant to stay at foot length. So just… leave them that way.

2. If you MUST wear slip on sandals, please please please wear socks with them. Most girls absolutely hate feet and now you are making us look at your toes through sandals, which you are probably wearing with shorts. It just doesn’t work. Get the socks on, boys.

3. Baggy pants. KEEP YOUR PANTS UP. You don’t look tougher with your pants sagging down so far that you are probably going to trip on them at some point. And why are you buying things twice your size?! Buy pants tight enough so you don’t have to constantly pick them up.

4. Tight pants. Okay, I know we’re getting picky now. But, there’s also a point where your pants are too tight. Nobody wants to see your junk when you’re walking around campus. There’s a fine line between too baggy and too tight, find it!

5. V-necks. They are okay to wear and most girls like them, but make sure you’re V-neck isn’t plunging down to your stomach, that’s excessive.

6. Capris. Might as well be Cargos. Just, don’t.

7. Earrings. Maybe you had these when you were 13 years old and in your punk teenage boy years, buuut college is not the time or place. Get rid of em.

University of New Hampshire Marketing student
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!