We All Scream for Ice Cream Around Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The warmer weather has finally hit Durham! Students are out on T-Hall lawn, playing Frisbee, and…… EATING ICE CREAM!

Yes, we do eat it all year round, but it just tastes that much better when you’re eating it on a hot summer day. Since it’s been a while, we wanted to remind you of what the best ice cream places are that are near campus so you can try all of them before the year ends!

The UNH Diary Bar

The dairy bar, associated with UNH dining, serves not only yummy lunches but also some of the best ice cream. Along with all the classics, The Dairy Bar also has its own unique flavors such as Fly Fishing Fudge, Muddy Bean Boots, and Maine Lobster Tracks. Now if that doesn’t scream New England I don’t know what does!

Kaleida-scoop

Also located in Durham, Kaleida-scoop is attached to the Durham Market Place. Word on the street is that you get the most bang for your buck here where a small ice cream is more than enough to satisfy! Don’t want ice cream, but are looking for a cold treat to keep cool? Kaleida-scoop also offers an array of different smoothies!

The Bloom’n Cow

Only a short bus ride away from campus, The Bloom’n Cow opened in an old mill in Newmarket only a few years ago. They specialize in unique ice cream flavors like mango-ginger, blueberry muffin, banana cookie, and Fig Newton. Taste test as many as you want before making a decision, but don’t fall in love because their flavors are constantly changing day to day.

Golick’s

Located in both Barrington and Dover, Golick’s dairy bar offers over 70 different flavors of ice cream and sorbet (if you’re indecisive, this may not be the shop for you)! With so many to choose from, it’s okay to spring for a larger size to combine flavors because it’s not super pricey.

Cold Stone Creamery

Right next to Chipotle in Newington, Cold Stone Creamery offers a different take on ice cream. Pick a topping, any topping, and the employees at Cold Stone will mix it into your ice cream for you! As much as we all love sweet things, Cold Stone’s ice cream is extra rich and creamy, so a small might do it for you (plus it’s on the more expensive side).

Now that you have the low-down on some ice cream parlors nearest to you, don’t hesitate to try them all! Forget that summer body you’ve been working towards for a day and indulge yourself by tasting the best ice creams near campus.

UNH 2018
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!