Victoria Secret Fashion Show: What’s Behind The Secret

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

On Tuesday December 9th CBS aired the Annual Victoria Secret Fashion Show at 10 PM. Every year there are some of the world’s leading angels Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Alessandra Ambrosio, Behati Prinsloo, Doutzen Kroes, and Lilly Aldridge. Billions of men and woman tune in to watch this must see show.

Do you know how much work gets put into the different themes of lingerie that the Victoria Secret Angels wear? If the answer is no well here it is:

What’s Behind the Secret?

Glided Angels

Behati Prinsloo opened up Glided Angels section with gold wings, a gold body suit, and gold boots. Sophia Neophitou the Creative Director said, “The idea all began as the beautiful statues that light up the whole of Paris.” The golf 18 karat gold outfits are all handmade, unique, over the top and all couture.

Fairy Tale

Candice Swanepoel comes out of the pop up book straight into the section of a Fairy Tale in fairy wings. “Fairy Tales take on a Shakespeare meets Brothers Grim,” Exective Producer Monica Mitro said. This fairy tale is mixed in with a little bit of darkness and attitude. A Fairy Tale is what you think about as a child looking at picture book.

University of Pink

The theme for the University of Pink is very youthful, but with an urban vibe to it. “It is the girl on the street that looks cool.” There is no ounce of serious, it is all very playful. High top shoes and cool pants give it a Rihanna vibe. The wings were crafted in 3D like fashion that looked incredible from the front and back.

Exotic Travelers

This is the first time two Fantasy Bras have been created. Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio opened the section of Exotic Travelers in the Fantasy Bras made of different pieces of jewels and textures. Monic Mitro said,”The aventurous woman going to all these exotic places with a combination of texture, colors and cultures. The influences are Mongolian, Indian and Asian.

Dream Girl

In the Dream Girl section Doutzen Kroes was in a fashionable lingerie outfit which is rich, playful, young and sexy. “It is a lighthearted section of beautiful woman that might be in the middle of a slumber party. It is very couture.” They all looked like pin-up girls but each one is beautifully handmade and very playful.

Angel Ball

The final piece of the show was a black and white ball. These angels were woman of the ball that everyone will turns there head when they walk by. It is over the top with lace, crystals, and modern, but with a traditional feel too.

Who knew all this creativity and background behind each section would be the many secrets of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. It will always be an anuual tradition for me and for all who watch it every year.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!