This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

You may have seen Vic around campus, whether he’s next to you in class, or hanging out with his SAE brothers, he’s someone who isn’t easily forgettable! Most recently, you can find him planted on a stage, mic in hand. That’s right – not only is he smart, cute, and funny, he’s a musical genius! He can play the piano, guitar, sing, and now he is adding rapping to his repertoire (it’s okay, you can swoon)! I caught up with him to find out how he got involved in music, and how Her Campus readers can get a listen!

On his Twitter bio (@vicentesatir), he describes himself:
I write lyrics about things I read in Cosmopolitan while listening to John Mayer on my way to Neiman Marcus before hockey practice.

When did you start rapping?
I just started rapping last April actually. I went to Panama City, FL for spring break last year and I won a rap battle in front of a couple thousand people. It went 7 rounds, and I fell in love with the idea of controlling the crowd. When I got back a bunch of my friends told me I should sit down and write some lyrics to instrumentals, so since then I’ve been writing to express what’s going on in my head; songs about life, women, and everything in-between. 

What types of music are you interested in?
I love all types of music. John Mayer to Jay-Z meets Drake and Blink 182. Classics like Frank Sinatra and Blues guys like Stevie Ray Vaughn. I’m starting to like country too ps.

What kind of music do you like to perform best?
I play guitar, piano, and I rap. But I think I like rapping the best. I have plans to combine all three, but well just have to wait and see how that all turns out. 

Where do you perform?
I’ve performed shows at UNH in the GSR and on the SAE front lawn, as well as smaller shows at various coffee houses. 

Do you write your own songs? Where do you find inspiration?
Every lyric I write is my own. I find inspiration from life. Everything from struggles with friends, yearning for women, the trials and tribulations of college and trying to live every minute like its the last one you have.  If you listen to my music one thing I say all the time is that I found the key to LIFE. And L.I.F.E, literally meaning Live It Full Everyday. I’m convinced that isn’t just a coincidence so I try to throw that in there wherever I can…Also I talk about my mom a lot. She taught me so many things about life and interacting with people that I think those lessons are worth sharing.

What are your goals in the music industry?
First and foremost, to stay happy and creative. Then my goal is to change the way music is presented to an audience. Every rap concert these days has artists rapping verses over tracks with lyrics in the background. Part of my plan to combine multiple instruments is to create the music live first, and then come in rapping over the top. 

How can we get a listen??
I just put out a mixtape, a Friday the 13th release called “One Thirteen”. You can listen and download here: http://www.purevolume.com/vicmakesmusic/albums/one+thirteen

Vic is always looking to play so contact him if interested!

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.