This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I may be biased, but the University of New Hampshire is one of the only schools where the students are more excited for Homecoming than they are for Christmas or any other major holiday. In fact, many students refer to Homecoming as “Christmas”. Theses students have an immense amount of school spirit and Homecoming is the perfect time to show it off! Now for those who are Freshmen at UNH or are just unaware, Homecoming 2017 was the first Homecoming that it was not raining or freezing in FOUR years. Last Saturday was a sweltering 80 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. This was the first opportunity for students, especially seniors, to show off some more style rather than a flannel and Bean boots. 

This year was definitely the year of the cut t-shirt. Whether you cut it to hang off your shoulders, into a tube top, or a crop top, everyone you saw was wearing a UNH t-shirt in a different way. Some girls got extremely creative:

Some girls went for the classic cut t-shirt:

And some girls hit up @gnarwalz on instagram for this super trendy bleached out tee:

Cut t-shirts were not the only trend that was in this year for Homecoming. Jean skirts have clearly made a comeback since the 90’s and were super popular at the tailgate this year!

To go along with the denim theme, overalls have also come back from the dead this year. They’re not just for your toddler anymore; they’re adorable on 20 year olds too!

Lastly, probably the most popular shirt of the day (on both guys and girls) is the infamous “UNH Party Girl” shirt. Rumor has it that they won’t be selling these anymore, so if you have one hold on to it tight – it could be worth a lot someday!

Although there were similar trends seen throughout the day, everyone put their own twist on their outfits. Whether they paired their cut tee with a denim skirt or braved the heat and wore jeans each girl looked absolutely fabulous in their own way!

We hope everyone had an amazing (and safe) Homecoming this year! Whether next year is your last Homecoming as an undergrad or your first Homecoming as an alumni, we hope you’re counting down the days because we are!

P.S. It’s approximately 357 days.

UNH 2018
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!